What is Data Protection? When we talk with our clients, the first thing we let them know is that #protectdatanow isn’t just a hashtag – it is the way in which we work with clients and the importance we place on data.
In business, data drives all corners of it.
When it comes to data you:
- Collect it
- Identify it
- Analyze it
Recently, in the rush to set up a remote workforce, many businesses have found they were vulnerable to hackers and hackers were poised to make the most of the opportunities laid out before them. Technology is great BUT it shouldn’t be adopted or adapted until a risk assessment has been performed. Do you need the new technology? Will it enhance data protection? Do you already have something performing the same task? You need to protect your company data but you need to do it wisely.
We believe it’s the strategy in which a company secures its digital information without restricting the company’s ability to access and use the data without compromising end-user privacy or consumer data.
IT professionals easily visualize the landscape of secure data. Today, though the increased complexity and proliferation of cloud computing, the Internet of Things (IoT) and AI-enabled tech makes designing a defense more difficult and intricate.
A report by the Cyber Resilient Organization found:
- Many companies lack consistent security plans
- Companies lack effective security to protect its data
- Fewer than 25% have any kind of cybersecurity response plan in place
- More than 50% reported that a cybersecurity incident would/or had significantly disrupt business operations
Data is one of a company’s most valuable assets. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not an asset to be accounted for. If a cyber attack occurs imagine the vast amount of financial, intellectual and personal data that would be at risk. Could your company’s reputation survive a data breach?
On average data breaches cost companies close to $4 million and it’s estimated that over the course of the next two years more than one quarter of all business will experience a data breach.
Do you want your business to be one of those stats?
- Mobile adoption and an increase in IoT usage. IT professionals hesitate to adopt a bring your own device for work use because it could open the doors to a data breach or data leaks. A company may not be able to avoid a bring your own device option, but it must have protocols in place for data defense.
- A larger surface to attack. Cloud computing and storage, mobile networks, remote workers and IoT devices are can be daunting for the most experienced IT team to protect.
- The common security slips are related to access management and network monitoring.
How can you protect your company and enterprise data?
Your IT team needs to be able to adapt to the increasing data landscape, evolving regulations and access management policies.
To protect data, initiate security initiatives a company must:
- Leverage security solutions that allow for the creation of policies that will scale, optimize asset protections and comply with ever-evolving regulations and policies.
- Use a combination of automated monitoring tools, AI-driven solutions and implement a unified data protection strategy.
Schedule an appointment with Seth, President today.
WareGeeks Solutions is a Roselle, New Jersey-based complete IT consultant and solutions provider. We specialist in Data Protection, specifically Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (#BCDR). We work with medium and large law firms and in the healthcare industry. If you have IT or security questions contact Seth at WareGeeks Solutions. For information or a consultation, call (877) 653-7146, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. www.waregeeks.com