Before we go into what the threats to the continuity of your business are, let’s set the groundwork with a refresher on what business continuity and disaster recovery plan (BCDR) is. A BCDR is a plan your company has outlined that makes not of the procedures necessary to prevent damage, maintain company productivity and aid in the recovery of operations.
When your company staff created the BCDR you tried to anticipate and identify potential threats that could impact your business continuity. Did you ever plan for anything like the global pandemic that struck the country in 2020 when the coronavirus took hold? Not all companies did.
What Are Top 5 Threats To Business Continuity?
Most companies identify potential threats like:
- Power outages
- Social engineering attacks
- Manmade threats
- Weather emergency
- Inability to get to your office for a myriad of reasons
Your BCDR should not only address potential threats, but have plans in place to address each of their unique predicaments to business operations. No matter the size of your business – even solopreneurs – you need to have a BCDR to avoid business disruptions.
Whether you’re just writing your BCDR or if you’re looking at it and updating it – which you should do annually or when you have a change in management or staff who is involved in its implementation.
Here are threats to plan for.
- Man-made disasters could include: negligence, hazardous spills, fires, chemical spills or other accidents.
- Natural disasters including weather like tornados, hurricanes, winter storms, earthquakes or other threats to human health and safety.
- Power outage or another utility failure. This could disrupt heating and cooling, internet, phone lines and/or electricity.
- Sabotage – whether threats against you or your business could put business operations at risk. Sabotage could include arson or a financial information leak or a bomb threat being called in.
- Cybersecurity attack – whether from an internal or external source. Human errors play a major role in the security of your business and its data. You need to have security protocols in place as well as consequences for not following them.
Is your company and its data as safe as it could be? If you have any questions or concerns, don’t put off talking with an expert about cybersecurity measures you need to employ now.
Schedule an appointment with Seth, President today.
WareGeeks Solutions is a Roselle, New Jersey-based full-service IT Solutions and Service Provider.
We specialize in Data Protection, specifically Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) and Cyber Security. We work with all small, medium, and large companies. We conduct a multi-level risk analysis that identifies processes procedures and/or technology that stifle productivity with oppressive layers of complexity. If you have IT or security questions contact Seth at WareGeeks Solutions. For information or a consultation, call (877) 653-7146, or email us at email@example.com. www.waregeeks.com